Stamping is to press the punch of the press to push the thinner plate into the concave die and punch it into the required shape. This method can be used to produce hollow products with a bottom and thin walls. Stamping uses a press and a mold to apply external force to metal plates, strips, pipes, and profiles to cause plastic deformation or separation and replicate the surface of the mold. Shape, to obtain the required shape and size of the work (stamping) forming processing method. Compared with the traditional lost wax (melting horizontal) casting jewelry process, stamping can repeatedly produce the same product in a large amount and economically in a short time. The product's surface is smooth, and the quality is stable, which greatly reduces the workload of the subsequent process, improves production efficiency, and reduces production costs. Therefore, the stamping process has received more and more attention in the jewelry-making industry, and its application has become more extensive.
Stamping jewelry pieces have the following characteristics:
1. Compared with lost wax (melted horizontal) casting jewelry parts, stamping parts have the characteristics of thinness, uniformity, lightness, and strength. The use of stamping methods can greatly reduce the wall thickness of the workpiece, thereby reducing the weight of the jewelry parts and improving economic benefits.
2. The jewelry pieces produced by mechanical stamping have few holes and good surface quality, which improves the quality and yield of jewelry products and reduces the rejection rate.
3. The stamping process has high production efficiency, good working conditions, and low production costs in mass production.
4. When the precision of the mold is high, the precision of stamping jewelry pieces is high, the repeatability is good, and the specifications are consistent, which greatly reduces the workload of trimming, grinding, and polishing.
5. The stamping process can achieve a higher degree of mechanization and automation.